Which aren’t dinner, drinks nor a movie, although those dates are classic for a reason… I think my romantic life is interesting enough but I often hear it said that there aren’t enough romantic things for couples to do in Jamaica! When setting those friends and acquaintances straight, I often find myself getting stuck after listing three or four activities. Thus, I decided to think really hard, hit my friends up and create the ultimate list of 30+ romantic ideas for couples in Jamaica, separated by fun day-trips and date nights. All prices are listed in JMD and ranked from cheapest to most expensive, including only the actual activity cost for two.
Before you read the article, do check out my book on Amazon about how to ‘SIGHTSEE JAMAICA.’
Also, please subscribe for new articles & adventures.
Romantic Daytime Activities
- Watch sunset by Lovers’ Leap, especially on Sundays which are complimented by the sweet strains of saxophone and live music. ($0)
- Take the Downtown Kingston Creative Art Walk together, which happens on the last Sunday of every month. ($0)
- Take a couples’ hike in the Blue Mountains. ($0-400)
- Visit an off-the-beaten-path beach together for a secluded experience. There’s at least one in each parish. ($0-500)
- Visit a waterfall on its least popular day. Somerset Falls in Portland even charges less on weekdays which means more savings for you. Look through this list of Jamaica’s waterfalls for ideas. ($0-3,000)
- Tour a museum, greathouse or art gallery together. Last Sundays at the National Gallery in Kingston is free. ($0-3,000)
- Sit and chat over some Fro-Yo! Example: at Tutti Frutti, Fruitalicious Frozen Yogurt ($1,200 up)
- Get ice cream at Devon House in Kingston and stroll the historic property after. ($1,300 up)
- Get ice-cream rolls together. Ex: at Rolly Polly, Tai-Tai Ice Cream Rolls. ($1,500 up)
- Share a picnic at a free botanical garden. A bottle of wine adds a nice touch. ($1,500 up)
- Go fishing then get your catch prepared for you at the DaCosta Farms. ($1,860 for 2 fishes, rent 2 rods for $600)
- Set your inner child free by visiting the zoo! There’s the Hope Zoo in Kingston, Jamaica Zoo and the Black River Safari & Crocodile Nursery, both in St. Elizabeth. ($3,000-4,000)
- Learn and eat your weight in fruit while touring the Bluefields Organic Fruit Farm in Westmoreland. ($4,000)
- Break out of the PuzzleIt! JA escape rooms in time together. ($4,000)
- Feed hummingbirds together such as at Barney’s Hummingbird Garden in Negril, the Rocklands Bird Sanctuary and Ahhh! Ras Natango, both near Montego Bay. ($4,000 up)
- Take a coffee or rum taste test and farm or factory tour ($5,000-8,000).
- Go rafting on the Martha Brae river, White River, Rio Grande, Blue Lagoon and in Lethe, Hanover. ($8,000 up).
- Do water-sports together such as scuba diving, parasailing and snorkeling. ($8,000 up)
- Go zip-lining together ($9,000 up)
- Take a catamaran cruise or hop aboard a glass-bottomed boat. ($10,000 up)
- Get a day or night pass to a nude beach such as at Hedonism in Negril or Couples. ($20,000 up)
- Spend a luxurious day at the spa together. ($25,000 up)
- Take to the air together. Ex: paragliding from Skyline Drive in Kingston or from Santa Cruz–Treasure Beach, skydiving from Boscobel St. Mary and helicopter tours over Ocho Rios. ($75,000 up)
- Create an itinerary with a few of the options from above and take a road trip out of town (cost variable).
Romantic Date Night Out
- Sing your heart out at karaoke nights, offered at multiple restaurants and bars across the island ($0). Ex: CC South Beach on Tuesdays, Jojo’s Jerk Pit on Thursdays.
- Go skating at the Destiny Rink in Portmore. ($1,000)
- Picnic under the stars. Ex: at Emancipation Park in Kingston. ($1,000 up)
- Swim & sail in the bio-luminescent Luminous Lagoon in Trelawny. ($2,000)
- Follow ParkPlaceJa on Instagram and look out for their next pop-up board games night in Kingston. ($2,000)
- Go bowling at Jamzone in Manor Centre. ($2,300 up) Temporarily closed since 2020
- Support live Jamaican theatre at a play and laugh your ass off! ($3,000)
- Channel your inner Picasso at Paint & Sip Ja with multiple meetups monthly, mostly in Kingston. ($5,600)
- Awake your inner Michelangelo at Sculpt & Sip. ($8,000)
- Visit a hotel ballroom or restaurant which offers Salsa/Latin nights, often on Thursdays. Ex: CC South Beach on Thursdays (cost variable)
- Try your luck at a gaming lounge or casino in Kingston or on the north coast (cost variable)
There are countless things for couples to do in Jamaica–a little creativity goes a long way in keeping your relationship hot. 🔥 Modify these activities as you see fit to work with your budget too! For example, there’s no need to pay for an expensive spa package if you can’t afford it; look up how to give a proper massage on YouTube then take turns at home for free. Pay attention to online deal websites too like Gustazo’s and Brawta Living.
If I spiced up your love life in any way, feel free to say thanks below!
‘Til next time, ✌🏽.
Check out my newest journey: YouTube! 🙂