…which aren’t dinner, drinks nor a movie, although those dates are classic for a reason. I think my romantic life is interesting enough but I often hear it said that there aren’t enough romantic things for couples to do in Jamaica! When setting those friends and acquaintances straight, I often find myself getting stuck after listing three or four activities. Thus, I decided to think really hard, hit my friends up and create the ultimate list of 30+ romantic ideas for couples in Jamaica, separated by fun day-trips and date nights. All prices are listed in JMD and ranked from cheapest to most expensive, including only the actual activity cost for two.
Fun Daytime Activties
- Watch sunset by Lovers’ Leap, especially on Sundays which are complimented by the sweet strains of saxophone and live music. ($0)
- Take the Downtown Kingston Creative Artwalk together, which happens on the last Sunday of every month. ($0)
- Take a couples’ hike in the Blue Mountains. Get trail ideas here. ($0-400)
- Visit an off-the-beaten-path beach together for a secluded experience. There’s at least one in each parish. ($0-500)
- Visit a waterfall on its least popular day. Somerset Falls in Portland even charges less on weekdays which means more savings for you. Get a complete list of Jamaica’s waterfalls here. ($0-3,000)
- Tour a museum, greathouse or art gallery together. Last Sundays at the National Gallery in Kingston is free. ($0-3,000)
- Sit and chat over some Fro-Yo! Ex: at Tutti Frutti, Fruitalicious Frozen Yogurt ($600 up)
- Get ice cream at Devon House in Kingston and stroll the historic property after. ($800 up)
- Get ice-cream rolls together. Ex: at Rolly Polly, Tai-Tai Ice Cream Rolls. ($800 up)
- Share a picnic at a free botanical garden. A bottle of wine adds a nice touch. ($1,000 up)
- Go fishing then get your catch prepared for you at the DaCosta Farms. ($1,860 for 2 fishes, rent 2 rods for $600)
- Set your inner child free by visiting the zoo! There’s the Hope Zoo in Kingston, Jamaica Zoo and the Black River Safari & Crocodile Nursery, both in St. Elizabeth. ($2,000-4,000)
- Learn and eat your weight in fruit while touring the Bluefields Organic Fruit Farm in Westmoreland. ($4,000)
- Break out of the PuzzleIt! JA escape rooms in time together. ($4,000)
- Feed hummingbirds together such as at Barney’s Hummingbird Garden in Negril, the Rocklands Bird Sanctuary and Ahhh! Ras Natango, both near Montego Bay. ($4,000 up)
- Take a coffee or rum taste test and farm or factory tour ($5,000-8,000).
- Go rafting on the Martha Brae river, Rio Grande, Blue Lagoon and in Lethe, Hanover. ($8,000 up).
- Do water-sports together such as scuba diving, parasailing and snorkeling. ($8,000 up)
- Go zip-lining together ($9,000 up)
- Take a catamaran cruise or hop aboard a glass-bottomed boat. ($10,000 up)
- Get a day or night pass to a nude beach such as at Hedonism in Negril or Couples. ($20,000 up)
- Spend a luxurious day at the spa together. ($25,000 up)
- Take to the air together. Ex: paragliding from Skyline Drive in Kingston or from Santa Cruz–Treasure Beach, skydiving from Boscobel St. Mary and helicopter tours over Ocho Rios. ($75,000 up)
- Create an itinerary with a few of the options from above and take a road trip out of town (cost variable).
Date Night Out
- Sing your heart out at karaoke nights, offered at multiple restaurants and bars across the island ($0). Ex: CC South Beach on Tuesdays, Jojo’s Jerk Pit on Thursdays.
- Go skating at the Destiny Rink in Portmore. ($1,000)
- Picnic under the stars. Ex: at Emancipation Park in Kingston. ($1,000 up)
- Swim & sail in the bio-luminescent Luminous Lagoon in Trelawny. ($2,000)
- Follow ParkPlaceJa on Instagram and look out for their next pop-up board games night in Kingston. ($2,000)
- Go bowling at Jamzone in Manor Centre. ($2,300 up)
- Support live Jamaican theatre at a play and laugh your ass off! ($3,000)
- Channel your inner Picasso at Paint & Sip Ja with multiple meetups monthly, mostly in Kingston. ($5,600)
- Awake your inner Michelangelo at Sculpt & Sip. ($8,000)
- Visit a hotel ballroom or restaurant which offers Salsa/Latin nights, often on Thursdays. Ex: CC South Beach on Thursdays (cost variable)
- Try your luck at a gaming lounge or casino in Kingston or on the north coast. (cost variable)
There are countless things for couples to do in Jamaica–a little creativity goes a long way in keeping your relationship hot. 🔥 Modify these activities as you see fit to work with your budget too! For example, there’s no need to pay for an expensive spa package if you can’t afford it; look up how to give a proper massage on YouTube then take turns at home for free. Pay attention to online deal websites too like Gustazo’s and Brawta Living.
If I spiced up your love life in any way, feel free to say thanks below!
‘Til next time, ✌🏽.
Check out my newest journey: YouTube! 🙂