I have a long ever-growing mental list of places to visit in Jamaica, ever since I came to the realization in 2016 that I barely know my island at all. In 2017 I was perhaps a tad bit too ambitious, setting out to see 17 places in ’17 and only accomplishing 8 of them. That being said, I saw a whole lot more than 8 places that year, 25 to be exact. This shows that life is fluid. While I create these lists for fun and to motivate you all (and myself) to go out & see interesting corners of Jamaica, I have and will likely veer far from it every year, all in good fun. For 2018, I was more realistic with 8 in ’18, and managed to visit 5 places plus one of my honorary mentions, and again, I ended up travelling way more than that anyway to 18 places in total.
Throwback to 2018’s List [X]
Quaint historic community of Bath in St. Thomas Blue Mountain coffee at the source Kwame Falls Seeing Hope Zoo again through adult eyes Honorary mention: Frenchman’s Cove Holywell
- Not done: Bullhead Mountain Peak, Rocky Point Beach, Rose Hall Greathouse Haunted Night Tour (did in 2019), Lime Cay.
《6/10》at the time.
Throwback to 2017’s List [X]
Newest addition to Hope Gardens, the Harmonious Enjoyment Garden Rockfort Mineral Bath Bob Marley Museum Somerset Falls Blue Mountain Peak Castleton Botanical Gardens Lyssons Beach Blue Hole
- Not done: Frenchman’s Cove (did in 2018), Holywell (did in 2018), Firewater Pond, Caymanas River, Irie River, another Portland beach, an off-the-beaten path St. Thomas beach, Lime Cay, NYE Fireworks at the Waterfront, Downtown, Kingston
《8/17》 at the time.
2019’s Bucket List
With that said, here’s to more travel and meaningful life experiences with awesome people this year, and here are the places I hope you and I will check off: NINE in ‘NINETEEN.
1. Zipline above waterfalls at YS Falls, St. Elizabeth.
2. Have a beer at sea: Pelican Bar, off the coast of St. Elizabeth.
3. Explore the tropical paradise of Mayfield Falls, Westmoreland.
4. Feed hummingbirds by hand at Rocklands Bird Sanctuary, St. James.
5. Be a beach bum for a day at the newly renovated Puerto Seco Beach, St. Ann.
6. Wash off in the healing radioactive waters of Milk River Spa, Clarendon.
7. Reason with Jamaican Maroons at the Charles Town Maroon Festival in Portland.
8. Splash in another off-the-beaten-path waterfall at the Fish Done Falls, Portland.
9. Hike to the highest botanical garden in the Western hemisphere, Cinchona Botanical Gardens, St. Andrew.
As usual, no pictures are included of the places (of course I wouldn’t have my own pictures of these places yet 😅 and I’m not risking copyright infringement!) This article will be updated after each adventure so bookmark it and check back periodically throughout 2019 to see how I’m getting on.
Have you been to any of these places? How was it? Where do you plan to explore this year? 🤗
As this is my final post for 2018, I would like to wish everyone a million thanks for reading, liking, subscribing, commenting or just showing any kind of support for my blog over the past 2 years. It’s really been the most fulfilling hobby I’ve ever taken up in my twenty odd years of existence.
‘Til next year! ✌🏽