Happy June! We’re almost at the halfway mark of 2019! The 73 Questions Vogue series is a popular YouTube series by the Vogue team that interviews our favourite celebrities, models and influencers with 73 random questions that help us get to know a bit more about them. I was tagged in this series by Ornella from As Told By Nella in April, really enjoyed learning more about her through these 73 questions and thought this was something my own readers might enjoy. If not, feel free to skip this post and look out for the next blog. June promises to be an adventure-filled month!
1. What are you most excited about these days?
Graduating with my M.B.,B.S. degree! It has been a long and challenging five years, a chapter of my life I’m excited to close. I’m looking forward to the 3-week summer break (my first summer holiday in 2 years) too and I’m somewhat excited about joining the workforce in July.
2. What’s your favorite holiday? Christmas!
3. Favorite season? Jamaica only has wet and dry seasons, but if I had to choose a temperate season, I’d choose spring.
5. What is the best activity when home on a rainy day? Cuddle! If alone, read, write or watch YouTube.
6. If you could switch lives with someone for a day who would it be? Switching lives with anyone sounds unappealing but perhaps Taraji P. Henson. She exudes such confidence and fierceness.
7. What is the best thing that happened this year? Buju’s Long Walk to Freedom concert! Read about it here.
8. What’s your New Year’s resolution?
To graduate on time and to maintain the healthy lifestyle changes I’d made in 2018. Unfortunately, the stress of school has derailed the latter since March but this month I plan to put my life back in order with a lot of hiking, my 3rd 5K and resuming YouTube workout videos.
9. What’s your favorite exercise? I love to hike so much it doesn’t feel like exercise.
10. Best way to decompress? Journalling.
11. What’s your favorite country to visit? Honestly don’t have one yet–I’ve only left Jamaica twice and I was a child so my memories are vague.
12. Last country you visited? Curacao.
13. Country you wish to visit? Canada because I have a lot of family there, some of whom I haven’t seen in 4+ years and I would also LOVE to see the Niagara Falls (kill 2 birds with 1 stone).
14. What’s your favorite ice-cream? Devon House I-Scream, their Christmas flavours are the best (sorrel and eggnog).
15. What makes you smile the most? Day trips with great people.
16. What’s the coolest thing in the world? Feeling appreciated.
17. What is the cutest thing in the world? Babies!
18. How do you know if you’re in love? The tingly excited feeling I get to see my person especially if I haven’t seen him in a while, feeling safe/ at home in his presence and being able to tolerate his annoying traits.
19. If you could go to any concert past or present, what would it be? Any Beyoncé concert really.
20. What’s the best gift you’ve ever received? A digital camera from my mom which I actually haven’t used in years, my cellphone replaced it.
21. Favorite fashion trend of all time? I really don’t have one.
22. What’s your favorite movie of all time? I don’t watch movies much to be honest. Something about having to sit still and stare at a screen for 2 hours ugh. Get Out was so great I watched it twice so maybe it gets the title, or 2Fast2Furious from way back when.
23. What was the movie that made you cry? Roots.
24. If you could make a documentary, what would it be about? Something thought-provoking like living with an illness– be it a mental illness or sickle cell disease.
25. If you could have one superpower what would it be? Teleportation.
26. What is the skill still unmastered? Swimming, would you believe it?
27. What is the best thing that happened to you today? Just waking up & being in good health.
28. Do you like surprises? Yes.
29. If you could do a flash mob where would it be? No clue, I doubt I’d ever embarrass myself like that. 🤣
30. Do you like cupcakes? Yes!
31. Do you usually bake cupcakes? No.
32. What’s your favorite dessert? Cheesecake and fro-yo (frozen yoghurt).
33. Is there a desert you don’t like? No.
34. What’s your favorite bakery? Sugar & Spice.
35. What’s your favorite food? Pizza, curry goat and roti, a nice piece of jerked chicken or pork with festival and escoveitched fish and bammy… really can’t choose one.
36. It’s brunch, what do you eat? Ackee and saltfish with fried dumplings and OJ.
37. You are stuck on an island, you can pick one food to eat forever without getting tired of it, what would you eat? Coconut water + jelly.
38. Favorite color? Teal.
39. Favorite superhero? I’m really not a Marvel Comics fan but I quite like Deadpool’s warped dry sense of humour. He’s an anti-hero though so I guess I’ll choose Batman.
40. What do you usually order in Starbucks? (or in your favorite café) Never been to Starbucks, I support local! My favourite café is Café Blue and I always have a Frappucino.
41. Who is the last person you texted? My boyfriend.
42. What’s your favorite activity to do in your hometown? Visit its green spaces, usually Emancipation Park, Hope Gardens, or if I also want ice cream, Devon House.
43. What’s the next book you plan on reading? Becoming Woman by Michelle Obama.
44. What do you love on your pizza? Ham & pineapple.
45. Favorite drink? Margarita!
46. Dark chocolate or milk chocolate? Dark.
47. What’s your favorite band? Don’t have one.
48. Favorite solo artist? Chronixx, so you know my glad bag buss this year when I got to see both him & Buju Banton live on the same night up close!
49. Favorite lyrics?
When I look at where I’m coming from
I know I’m blessed, and I close my eyes and smile
Sometimes I feel like
The richest man in Babylon
And I’ve done my best
So everything’s alright inside. (Chronixx, I Can)
50. If your life was a song what would the title be? I Can fits here too.
51. If you could master one instrument what would it be? The piano.
52. If you had a tattoo where would it be? Upper back/ spine.
53. To be or not to be? To be.
54. Dolphins or koalas? Dolphins.
55. How do you like your coffee? Black if it’s for studying, with condensed milk or sugar + milk if it’s at a café.
56. What’s your favorite curse word? Shit.
57. What color of dress did you wear to prom? Gold.
58. Diamonds or pearls? Diamonds are forever.
59. Cheap shampoo or expensive? If the cheap shampoo works with my hair texture then cheap.
60. Blow dry or air dry? Air dry.
61. Heels or flats? Flats.
62. Pilates or yoga? Yoga.
63. Jogging or swimming? Jogging.
64. One thing you can’t live without? Food.
65. What’s one cause that’s dear to your heart? Women’s rights.
66. Who would you want to shoot a love scene with? Idris Elba, even if he’s a lil’ too old.
67. What’s your favorite sport? Track, particularly sprints. (Can’t run but I’ll watch & I will have fun).
68. Do you have a morning beauty ritual? No, unless washing my face with African black soap then filling in my brows with pencil counts.
69. What’s your favorite thing to wear? Anything comfortable like loose pants or shorts.
70. What’s the priciest thing you’ve ever splurged on? Buying this blog (hello, I’m a college student!)
71. Do you play any musical instruments? No.
72. What is your favorite book of all time? American Star by Jackie Collins.
73. What is something you always travel with? My cellphone.
Well there you have it folks! 73 Vogue questions answered. My nominees are:
- Simply Local
- Alexis Chateau
- Goody on a Budget
- Mikayla Johnson
- Well Read Robyn
- Celly’s Thoughts, and last but not least,
- Tamera on Life.
Check out these lovely ladies (just a coincidence they’re all female) and have a blessed Sunday!
Til next time! ✌🏽