Thanks to Ashley over on Jamaican Gyal Hair Journey for this nomination from like one month ago to which I’m finally responding. I’ve had a lot going on but I feel myself getting back in control now (ish). The creator of this award is a blogger over on Okoto Enigma. As usual, I love replying to these things because I feel so special for being nominated in the first place and it gives me a chance to share more about myself than my typical posts may necessarily reveal. Anyway, shall we begin? 🤗
Rules of this award
1. Display the award logo and list the rules on your blog.
2. Mention creator of award and provide link.
3. Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you and provide a link
4. Say 3 things about yourself.
5. Nominate from 10 to 20 bloggers & notify them by leaving a comment on their blogs.
7. Answer 5 questions from your nominator.
8. Write 5 questions for your nominees.
9. Share your best post.
3 Things About Rochelle
- I can actually recall my last time in a salon, April 2013, which coincides with the last time I chemically straightened my hair. Since then, I’ve become a YouTube guru, even going as far as cutting my hair into a tapered cut recently from a YouTube video which I didn’t think was risqué until people kept asking me who cut my hair then looking horrified when I resoundedly squealed “ME!” P.S. No hard feelings against hairdressers though. I’m just a DIY kinda person who thinks it hard to ask my mom for salon money when she’s struggling to pay our family bills monthly. And I think I come out looking pretty decent if I do say so myself. Thanks YouTube natural hair community! P.s. Naturally Ashley my nominator, is a D.I.Y. person too! A girl after my own heart.
- I finally got around to starting a herb garden. It’s pretty small at the moment but I’m looking to add thyme, parsley, cilantro and tomatoes soon once I acquire more aesthetically pleasing pots.
- I’m more of a saver than a spender but when I finally get my own place, I will unabashedly splurge on a plush comfy bed and 1000 thread count sheets. My bed is my sanctuary and uncomfortable sleeping quarters is the last thing I need keeping me up at nights.
My 5 Questions
- What’s your ultimate goal in life? It’s really simple actually. Just happiness. I want to have a successful career, close family, small friendship circle and hobbies & interests which are fulfilling and bring me happiness. I already have half of these things. I just need money from the first to allow me to pay for the fourth but this blog is about me making it work anyway. 😉
- What’s one thing you learned about adulting that no one taught you? That adults don’t have it together. You feel even more lost and helpless as an adult than you do as a child. You just learn to cope and live in spite of everything.
- At the end of your life what would you want your legacy to be? I’d want to have inspired at least 1% of the people with whom I had contact to be better versions of themselves. It’s an indescribable feeling to know you’ve positively impacted lives.
- If your life had an album what would be named? Shenanigans.
- If you were to go to jail, what would be for? For hurting someone who hurt my mother or brother. Like, just doe dweet (just don’t do it). I’m a nice person but like us all, I have limits and mine are when it comes to my family. Add to that my hypothetical future children & husband although I’m sure he’ll be able to take care of himself.
5 Questions for My Nominees
- What’s the biggest challenge you’ve had to overcome to be where you are now in life?
- Are you a saver or a spender?
- What other blog names did you consider before deciding on the one you currently have?
- What’s the embarrassing username or e-mail from your childhood which you (hopefully) don’t use anymore?
- What do you consider your biggest achievement to date?
My Best Post
Next time you hear from me I shall have a travel-ly post but ’til next time. ✌